A new puppy brings a lot of love, joy, and laughter into your home. It also brings with it a whole slew of new responsibilities. This is a big commitment, and it can be challenging to balance your puppy’s needs while working a full-time job at the same time. However, plenty of pet parents start on their journey while also working full time, and these tips can help you while you adjust to life at home with a puppy.
Tips for Caring for a New Puppy While Working Full Time
- Talk with your employer about the fact that you are bringing home a new puppy, and see if you can work flexible hours while you potty train your pup. You may be able to take a longer lunch break, or work from home in order to feed your dog and let it out to go to the bathroom. Many employers are understanding as long as you are getting all of your work done.
- Create a safe space for your puppy to explore while you are gone. Many pet parents find that the laundry room or the bathroom works well, as their dog has space to sleep, play, roam, and go to the bathroom if it needs to.
- Ask family members and friends to help you while you are at work by letting your puppy outside, taking it for a short walk, or simply playing with it at your house for a while. This will help you balance your work life with your new life as a puppy parent.
En roll in evening puppy training classes. You will want to begin working on obedience commands as quickly as possible, but these classes also provide your dog with exercise and opportunities to socialize with other dogs. It’s the perfect way to bond with your puppy after work.
In addition to creating potty training your new dog and teaching your pup its obedience commands, you will need to make important decisions about its health and nutrition. Talk with your veterinarian about incorporating a pet nutritional supplement, such as NuVet Plus, into your dog’s diet.
NuVet Plus is made of high-quality, all-natural ingredients, and is designed to meet all of your dog’s nutritional requirements. New pet parents will find the NuVet reviews on the NuVet Labs reviews page to be a valuable resource as they make this important decision for their own pet. Check out the NuVet Labs reviews page today.
The more the merrier! Is that true with pets? Most cats and dogs enjoy company, whether human or otherwise, so more than one pet seems like a good idea. But there are several factors to consider before deciding between one and two pets.
- Starting Out
If you currently have no pets, there are several benefits to adopting multiple pets at the same time. One advantage is the pets enter your home on equal “turf.” One hasn’t already made it his home, filling it with his scent and accustomed to getting all the human attention. Two pets on equal, unknown ground are likely to bond together in the course of adjusting to their new home. The instant socialization of multiple pets can ease the overall socialization with other animals that all pets should get for a happy, healthy life.
- Adding On
If you already have a pet and are thinking of getting a second one, consider these important factors:
- Gender – Female dogs are less likely to get along with another female dog, especially if they aren’t spayed. Male dogs tend to get along unless they both have dominant personalities.
- Size – Not only is the space in your home a consideration on the number and size of your pets, but having one tiny and one large pet may lead to unintentional injuries.
- Time – If you’re struggling to give your current pet the attention and exercise he needs, getting another one is simply going to increase those demands on you.
Always take your current pet’s temperament into consideration when looking at a second pet. Whenever possible, let the two animals meet at a neutral site to see how they get along.
Whether you’re starting out or adding to your furry family, there are benefits to having more than one pet. Compatible dogs and cats provide companionship for one another when you’re not home. Although it won’t eliminate your commitment to exercising them, having a constant playmate can expend some of the pets’ energy. Several studies suggest that children raised in multiple pet homes are at a reduced risk of developing allergies.
Exercise, socialization and companionship are just part of the equation for a healthy pet.
Check out the NuVet Plus reviews page for testimonials on how the supplement has helped keep countless pets healthy. NuVet Plus can help with on a variety of conditions and the NuVet reviews are just a sample of success stories.
The leaves are changing and there’s a crisp chill in the air. Fall has arrived, which means that everyone is talking about Halloween. While you are probably planning your own costume for all of the upcoming spooky festivities, you won’t want to forget about your pet on October 31. If you want to dress your pet up in an adorable or adorably frightening costume this year, follow these tips in order to be sure that you make the right choice.
Tips for Dressing Up Your Pet for Halloween
- First and foremost, choose a costume that will be comfortable for your pet. There are plenty of funny, cute and scary costumes available — but not all of them are designed with your pet’s comfort in mind. Consider your pet’s size when choosing a costume, and make sure it will fit your pet properly before you purchase it. Your dog should be able to move about as normal while wearing the costume.
- Be sure that the costume you choose is safe. It should fit your pet well and should not obstruct its vision or disrupt its ability to hear properly. Your pet should still be able to bark or meow in its costume. Once you have put the costume on your pet, be sure that it is still breathing properly. Remove the costume immediately if it seems like your pet is having difficulty breathing while wearing it. In addition, you will want to make sure that you choose a costume that does not have loose pieces, small parts or accessories that can easily become chew toys. You don’t want your pet to accidentally choke or hurt itself while wearing the costume.
- Always make sure that your pet has identification on its body. Don’t take off your pet’s collar in order to make the costume look better.
Halloween is a great holiday to enjoy with your pet. In order to enjoy many more costume parties together in the future, consider adding a pet nutritional supplement to your pet’s diet. NuVet Plus is a supplement product that is designed to meet all of your pet’s nutritional needs.
Additionally, NuVet Plus is made with natural chicken liver that your pet will find to be a tasty treat! Pet parents who are interested in this product may find the NuVet Plus reviews page helpful. Check out the NuVet reviews page today in order to get feedback from other customers who have had success with this product.